Our mission is to empower everyday heroes. That’s Our Big Why. That’s Why we exist.
Solving social and environmental problems is really hard. Still, many of us choose to do it by leading our own grassroots actions. We love to rescue animals, clean beaches, parks, rivers, oceans, and you-name-it, go plogging, do food drives and clothes swaps, visit the elderly, reforest, compost, and so much more…
Luckily for the world, there are +700 million everyday heroes just like us doing it globally, against all odds.
Despite our undying passion, we really, really, struggle. We pay for everything ourselves, battle to mobilize help and resources, mostly act in the dark, lead isolated and informal efforts, and lack adequate collaboration and accountability tools.
We looked everywhere for a platform that understood us and gave us the tools we needed so we could overcome all the obstacles we shared. We found nothing so we decided to build it.
Wemerang is a custom-built, one-stop-shop for everyday heroes, by everyday heroes so we can easily create and join our own challenges, find and mobilize a like-minded community to help, earn points, status and exclusive benefits, and make money from P2P donations, challenge entry fees, and a “mobilize-to-earn” crypto economy. Take a look at what we’re building!
Be a hero and help us to continue leaving the world better than we found it.
Why you personally?
Wemerang is the right place for you if, as a person, you:
- Fervently believe in Our Big Why and are passionate about serving it
- Align with our core values
- Have a give-first mentality and a collective mindset
- Are kind and enjoy going out of your way to help others
- Are extremely passionate, positive and enthusiastic
- You care about solving problems for the planet, people, and animals
- Are highly self-motivated
- Have well-developed Emotional Intelligence and self-awareness
- Build, maintain, and foster positive relationships
- Have extraordinary teamwork and collaboration skills
- Have excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Are strongly committed to your self-improvement and evolution
- Are very flexible and adaptable
Why you professionally?
Wemerang is the right place for you if, as a professional, you:
- Constantly over achieve
- Are a creative and resourceful thinker who finds ways to solve any problem and overcome any obstacle
- Are very proactive, take initiative and self-manage effectively
- Are highly accountable and disciplined
- Have skills and experience working with Agile methodologies
- Have professional verbal and written English proficiency
You will love working with us if you want:
- To be part of a mission-first, value-based, and culture-driven social enterprise
- To help build wemerang from its very early days and significantly shape our strategy, culture, and future together
- To help lead the global movement of everyday heroes that will leave the world better than we found it
- A genuine focus on the human being before the human doing
- A culture that enables and safeguards the multidimensional well-being of its people
- A purpose-first, happy, fun, human, authentic, and invigorating working environment
- To be part of an amazing Moai. The wemerangs are awesome!
- To work in a startup environment with a challenging and ambitious vision that is malleable, will sometimes feels chaotic, has uncertainty and gives you the opportunity to build from scratch
- To be in it for the long run and co-create your career plan and growth opportunities
- Constant training, mentoring and learning
- A flexible and remote-from-anywhere working structure
- Unlimited Paid Time-off
Why not wemerang?
You will not love working with us if you:
- Have a hard time trusting people
- Have a hard time tolerating uncertainty and prefer having everything very well-defined, including your job and career
- Avoid expressing yourself authentically in a professional environment
- Are uncomfortable in a diverse and inclusive working environment where anyone can be who they are authentically and freely
- Prefer working in a corporate environment (bureaucracy, processes, rules and BS)
- Do not like going above and beyond the call of duty
- Thrive by micromanaging or being micromanaged
- Work 9-5 hours
- Are in it for the short-term
As Product Marketing Hero you will help us to devise, execute and disseminate audiovisual, graphic and communication content in all our online and offline channels, both external (website, social networks, blog, etc.) and internal (virtual office on discord, notion, etc.)
Why you are the right person for this position?
This is the right job for you if you:
- Love generating creative content that others appreciate and have a positive impact on
- Have experience handling video editing programs (adobe premiere, adobe after effects, adobe illustrator) or similar
- Use your creativity to create high-impact content with minimal resources
- Are passionate about the idea of giving a voice and an image to everyday heroes who are leaving the world better than they found i
- Have the ability to observe content and analyze its weak and strong points to improve and model them
- Have experience managing the social networks of other brands and have explored auction advertising platforms (Facebook Ads, Google Ads, etc)
- Have experience in creating graphic content for social media marketing
What are your main tasks and responsibilities?
- Researching topics relevant to the wemerang’s offerings in order to write articles, reports, or reviews
- Monitoring social media channels for mentions of wemerang in order to engage with our community members and respond to negative comments or complaints
- Create unique and engaging audiovisual content based on our marketing goals
- Analyze data to determine which regions have the highest number of potential heroes
- Document internal and external online events and create content from them
- Create and publish content on our social networks, website and other internal and external channels
- Execute content and promotion strategies for our growth and engagement strategies
- Create, edit and manage interactive whiteboards for our collaborators in Notion
- Create content guides and facilitate the creation of content for our community members on and off our platform
- Collaborate with and directly support the content needs of our Community Hero
- Collaborate with our Product Marketing Specialist in the execution of wemerang’s content and communication strategies
- Conduct surveys to assess public opinion about a company’s products or services
Wemerang is an equal opportunity and inclusive organization. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, or any other protected characteristic under law.